In this tutorial we are going to learn about WHAT IS BENEFIT OF GROUND PLANE IN PCB DESIGN ?
· Low inductance
· High capacitance
· Low EMI susceptibility
· Low EMI radiation
· Large PCB land area
· Always try to make design double and multi layer
· Signal track routing can be difficult
A ground plane provides several benefits:
• GND is frequently the most common connection in the circuit. Having it continuous on the bottom layer usually makes the most sense for circuit routing.
• It increases the mechanical strength of the board.
• It lowers the impedance of all GND connections in the circuit, which reduces undesirable conducted noise.
• It adds a distributed capacitance to every net in the circuit, helping to suppress radiated noise.
• It acts as a shield to radiated noise coming from underneath the board.