In this tutorial we are going to learn about WHAT IS CIRCUIT DESIGN TECHNIQUES?
- Use the minimum clock speeds possible for logic circuitry.
- Select the slowest switching speed logic.
- Select the logic with the greatest noise margin.
- Select logic families with the lowest switching energy.
- Avoid the use of both high impedance inputs and outputs.
- Decouple RF currents to the RF ground at inputs and outputs.
- Protect both inputs and outputs from RF Interference.
- Decouple any RF currents on the PCB at the I/O terminations, if possible.
- Take care when using non-linear devices & semiconductors at inputs & outputs to avoid rectification of
any RF signals.
- Employ simple inductor/capacitor/resistor networks where possible to decouple Radio Frequencies.
- Always use short connection tracks to decoupling networks to avoid adding inductance & impedance.
- Use ferrite beads to damp out parasitic oscillations.
- Keep all signal levels as high as possible to overcome noise thresholds. Where possible match input &
output impedances (for HF).
- Terminate unused inputs on devices & unused inputs on module to GND if possible