In this tutorial we are going to learn about WHICH ARE MAGNETIC COMPONENTS FOR EMI & EMC REDUCTION.
· Select inductors with a low self capacitance and series resistance.
· Use ferrite beads to add inductance to component leads.
· Use ferrite beads to damp out parasitic oscillations.
· Position inductor close to high frequency noise source.
· Use common mode chokes to reduce common mode interference.
· Use devices that meet automotive environmental specifications.
· Select capacitors with a low inductance and resistance for filter networks.
· Connect high frequency decoupling capacitors to the RF ground.
· Position decoupling capacitors as close as possible to HF noise sources.
· Use “high K” multi-layer disc ceramic type capacitors for decoupling, & keep lead lengths extremely short. Select capacitors with a wide frequency range.
· Use current limiting resistors to prevent excessive Radio Frequency current from flowing in the decoupling capacitor.
Select devices that meet automotive environmental specifications.
- SM Ferrite Beads