In this tutorial we are going to learn about WHAT IS GUIDE LINE FOR GROUND PLANE IN PCB DESIGN ?
Inadequate return path(grounding is one of the major sources of emission. If its not correctly designed.
Try to keep it as short as possible. To improve the return path(through the ground), suggestions are,
· Have a solid ground plane in the PCB stack-up. This ensures that a ground return path is always running underneath the high frequency and power traces.
· Stitch all the ground planes together to ensure equal potential
· Fill all unused open areas between traces on signal layers with the GND & stitch it to the adjacent ground plane.
· Keep the ground plane as large as possible.
· Border the PCb with chassis GND or place the VCC plane back from the edge of the board by 3times the distance between the planes.
· Use multipoint grounding to keep GND impedance low at high frequency.
· Keep the ground plane uninterrupted(avoid traces & via on ground planes).